Detailed product information
ACC LONG reduces mucus viscosity by dissolving all its components and facilitates expectoration . ACC LONG is used to treat both acute and chronic respiratory diseases (influenza, acute bronchitis or trachea), which is accompanied by intense thick viscous mucus and moist cough. ACC LONG effervescent tablets are intended for adults and adolescents from 14 years of age.
ACC is a long form of lactose and sodium. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this product. Each ACC Long 600 mg effervescent tablet contains 139 mg (or 6 mmol) of sodium.
The drug is taken after meals. The tablet is dissolved in 1/2 glass of water immediately before taking.
Adolescents over 14 years old and adults 200 mg two or three times a day;
Children 6-14 years – 1 tab. ACC 100 or 1/2 table. ACC 200 three times a day or 1 tab. ACC 200 twice a day;Children 2-5 years old – 1 tablet ACC 100 two or three times a day.
For cystic fibrosis:
Children over 6 years old – 200 mg three times a day;
Babies 2-6 years old – 100 mg four times a day.
The maximum dose for cystic fibrosis can be increased to 800 mg per day, but only for patients weighing more than 30 kg.
ACC Long is prescribed for adults and children over 14 years old on 1 tab. per day.
- Pregnant and lactating women;
- With the exacerbation of gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer;
- With hemoptysis;
- With pulmonary hemorrhage;
- All patients with hypersensitivity to acetylcysteine
or any auxiliary component of the drug.
Prescribe the drug, but with extreme caution and under constant medical supervision:
- In case of gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer outside the acute phase;
- People with varicose veins of the esophagus;
- Patients with adrenal gland diseases;
- With bronchial asthma;
- With hepatic / renal failure;
- Children up to 2 years (only for “vital” indications).
- The dose and method of use of the ACC depend on the dosage form of the drug and the patient’s age
- Rarely, the drug can cause headache, tinnitus, stomatitis.In isolated cases, skin rash, urticaria, pruritus, bronchospasm, and pulmonary bleeding are obseAcetylcysteine
- the active substance of ACC – is not pharmaceutically compatible with proteolytic enzymes and antibiotics (tetracycline, erythromycin, amphotericin B, cephalosporins and penicillins).
- The simultaneous use of ACC with antitussive drugs is not recommended, since the latter suppress the cough reflex, which is why a dangerous mucus stagnation can occur.
- In some cases, diarrhea, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, tachycardia, lowering blood pressure occur.
- According to reviews, in most cases, the ACC is well tolerated.