Riboksin belongs to the group of medicines regulating metabolic processes. It has antihypoxic, metabolic, and antiarrhythmic action. The medicinal product increases myocardial energy balance, improves coronary circulation, prevents the consequences of intraoperative renal ischemia. The medicinal product has positive effects on the exchange processes within the myocardium, increases the heart muscle strength, and contributes to more ultimate relaxation of the myocardium in diastole resulting in increased strike output. It reduces thrombocytes aggregation, activates tissue regeneration (especially that of the myocardium and gastrointestinal mucosa).
Information for patients with diabetes mellitus: 1 tablet of the medicinal product corresponds to 0.00641 bread unit.
- International non-proprietary name:inosine
- Pharmaceutical form:film-coated tablets
- Pharmacotherapeutic group:metabolic agent
- Dosage form:film-coated tablets 200 mg No. 50
- Composition:active substance: inosine (riboxin) calculated as 100 % substance – 200 mg
Indications for use:
- in combination therapy of ischemic heart disease;
- in treatment following myocardial infarction;
- in heart rhythm disorders mediated by cardiac glycosides use.
Method of administration:
For oral administration, before meal.
In case of oral administration, a daily dose of the drug product is 0.6-2.4 g.
On the first days of treatment, the daily dose is 0.6-0.8 (200 mg 3-4 times daily).
In case of good tolerance, on days 2-3, the dose is increased up to 1.2 g (0.4 g 3 times daily), if required – up to 2.4 g/day.
The treatment duration is 4 weeks to 1.5-3 months.
In urocoproporphyria, the daily dose is 0.8 g (200 mg 4 times daily). Treatment course – 1-3 months.
Shelf life:3 years. Do not use after the expiry date indicated on the packaging.