WHAT TABEX IS AND WHAT IT IS USED FOR
Tabex contains the active substance cytidine, which acts on the body of a smoker like nicotine. Taking Tabex leads to gradual cessation of smoking without unpleasant feelings and discomfort associated with quitting smoking.
Tabex is used in people who are dependent on smoking (chronic tabacism) who want to quit.
BEFORE YOU TAKE TABEX
Do not take Tabex at:
• Allergy (hypersensitivity) to the active substance cytidine or any of the other ingredients of Tabex;
• recent myocardial infarction or stroke. unstable angina, abnormal heart rhythm (cardiac arrhythmia), atherosclerosis;
• pregnancy or breastfeeding.
The relative contraindications for Tabex use are:
• chromophylic adrenal tumors;
• gastroesophageal reflux disease (return of gastric juice in the lower part of the esophagus, which is manifested with a burning sensation);
• mental illness (some forms of schizophrenia). Take special care with Tabex Because there is insufficient clinical experience for the safe use of Tabex, caution should be exercised in patients with:
• ischemic heart disease (impaired blood supply to the heart muscle);cytisine germany
• heart failure (weakness of the heart muscle):
• arterial hypertension (high blood pressure);
• cerebrovascular diseases;
• blockage of blood vessels;
• kidney and liver diseases;
• hyperthyroidism (increased thyroid function);
There is insufficient clinical experience for the safe use of Tabex also in children under 18 and adults over 65 years of age.
Tabex administration is not recommended in these categories of patients without prior consultation with a physician and a benefit / risk assessment. Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor if you use medicines such as physostigmine, galantamine, statins, blood pressure lowering medicines, to treat tuberculosis due to the possible increase in side effects with Tabex.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. Taking Tabex with food and drink
Food and drink have no effect on Tabex’s effect.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, you should not have Tabex therapy.
Driving and using machines
There is no evidence of adverse effects of Tabex when performing activities that require increased attention and rapidity of responses.
Important information about some of Tabex’s ingredients
This medicinal product contains lactose. If you have an intolerance to some sugars, you should tell your doctor before starting Tabex therapy.
HOW TO TAKE TABEX
Take Tabex as described in this leaflet.
If you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Method of administration: The tablets are taken orally with sufficient fluid.
Dosage : Treatment is performed as follows:
• 1-3 days – 1 tablet 6 times a day (2 hours). These days are expected to gradually reduce the number of smoked cigarettes. If the result is unsatisfactory, treatment is discontinued and can be repeated after 2-3 months. After a satisfactory effect (significantly reduced number of cigarettes) after the third day the treatment is continued according to the scheme;
• 4-12 days – 1 tablet every 2.5 hours (5 tablets a day);
• 13-16 days – 1 tablet every 3 hours (4 tablets daily);
• 17-20 days – 1 tablet every 5 hours (3 tablets daily);
• 21-25 days – 1-2 tablets a day.
The final cessation of smoking should be done on the 5th day after starting treatment. After the end of the healing course, the patient must show willingness and not allow a single cigarette.
If you take more Tabbex than you should If you have taken more than the usual dose, you may feel nausea, accelerating your heartbeat, difficulty in breathing. Vomiting and enlargement of the pupils may occur. In this case, stop taking Tabex and consult a doctor or ask for help at the nearest health facility.
If you forget to take Tabex
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. If it’s almost time for the next dose, take it as usual by skipping the dose you have forgotten. Do not take a double dose to make up for forgotten. Continue to take the medicine as described in this leaflet.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines, Tabex can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them. During treatment with Tabex, especially at the beginning, the following side effects are possible:
• dry mouth, changes in taste and appetite, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea ;
• headache, vertigo;
• palpitations, chest pain, accelerating heart rhythm, mild increases in blood pressure;
• drowsiness, insomnia, increased irritability;
• difficulty breathing;
• muscle pain;
• weight loss, sweating.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
HOW TO STORE TABEX
Store in the original package in order to protect from light and moisture. Store below 25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children! The medicine should not be used after the expiry date which is stated on the pack. Expiration date includes the last day of that month. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of your unnecessary medicines. These measures will help to protect the environment.
What does Tabex contain?
• The active ingredient is cytisine 1.5 mg.
• The other ingredients are: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, talc, magnesium stearate, Opadry II brown.
What Tabex looks like and contents of the pack The
tablets are beige, round, biconvex. 20 tablets in a blister of PVC (c) aluminum foil, 5 blisters in a cardboard box, together with a leaflet.
Good quality for good price. Thanks.
Finally found where to buy tabex. Thank you!
Received in Spain. Thanks!
Best price so far!
Very good price.